2.3.04

Shok's Rice & Peas

This is what I am eating for supper tonight:

2 cups water
1 cup rice
1 cup peas

boil the above gently until the rice is soft

add:
1 pkg. Ramen noodles
1 t. salt
seasoning from Ramen noodles
a little more water, if needed

cook all until Ramen is soft

This is an original Shok recipe! Thank you to Shok for his cooking prowess. Tonight there's a woman in Europe who's thankful for it.

Oh, and I'm also having some leftover lasagne, my mom's recipe. Thank you to my mom for being a good cook. Tonight there's a woman in Europe ... (you know the rest).

And one more thing:

The Rice & Peas recipe is immortalized in a beautiful little recipe book assembled for me by my creative sister Tammy. Here is the inspiring quote which appears at the bottom of the Rice & Peas page:

'Treat people as if they are what they ought to be, and you help them to become what they are capable of being.'
--Johann W. von Goethe