25.10.06

Norah and Me
I quite enjoy the vocal and piano stylings of Norah Jones. I've harbored this vague suspicion that she looks remarkably familiar ever since purchasing her album Come Away With Me several years ago. Then it hit me: Maybe I had met her at Interlochen Arts Camp, where I worked two summers as music librarian for the high school jazz bands. This was back in 1994 and 1995, when I was in college. I remember being impressed by a vocalist/pianist who bore a striking resemblance to the now-all-grown-up Norah. (Although she wore these black-framed glasses back then, which were pretty artsy and cool-looking.) Well, thanks to Wikipedia, I confirmed my suspicions. Norah went to Interlochen. I was her music librarian.

There you go, one of my few claims to fame. Another being that Jimmy Carter once told me to, and I quote, "Hurry Up", but that's another blog entry for another day.

P.S. While doing research, I also found out that Norah's dad is the famed sitar maestro Ravi Shankar.