20.9.03

Whew!

The bat is gone. My friends Gerrit Jan and Mirjam came over to help me. (Mirjam is Gerrit Jan's daughter.) They live very close by, so they just hopped on their bikes and were at my place in five minutes. Gerrit Jan brought his net. We very carefully opened the door to my bedroom ... and there was the bat, snug as a bug on a wall, its dark mousy fur and wings contrasting nicely with the bright orange fabric hanging there. Gerrit Jan's first try was a success: the bat (who was probably napping, thinking that it was daytime what with the bright lights in my bedroom and all) was easily caught and even more easily released out my window.

Whew!

Thanks to Gerrit Jan and Mirjam for their late night assistance. Especially to Gerrit Jan, since it's his birthday, and he left his own party (which I had left fifteen minutes before) to come help me!